In the early 19th century, they tried selling soap as healthy. No one bought it. They tried selling it as sexy, and everyone bought it. – Rose George
- The most popular song in the US in 1800 was Amazing Grace.
- Anyone in England who unsuccessfully attempted suicide faced the death penalty.
March 12, 1800
- Kentucky Gazettt article. Note the three T’s.
March 20, 1800
- Italian inventor Alessandro Volta creates the voltaic pile an early form of battery that uses a chemical reaction to continuously produce low-voltage current. Experiments with electricity were greatly expanded by this invention.
April 2, 1800
- Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 1 premieres at the Burgtheater, in Vienna.
April 10, 1800
- Kentucky Gazette article:
April 24, 1800
- President John Adams approved the appropriation of $5,000 for the purchase of “such books as may be necessary for the use” in The Library of Congress founded in Washington DC.
- The article, “Electricity excited by the Mere Contact of conducting Sub-stances of different kinds” is published by .
Nov 1, 1800
- John Adams becomes the first president to live in the White House.
Fine Art 1800